EDMONTON – The Edmonton Elks have made the following changes to their training camp schedule for Saturday, July 17:
- Team walkthrough
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- In-person media availability to follow at field level
Saturday's previously scheduled scrimmage has been cancelled to provide additional rest and recovery time for players. No additional training camp schedule changes have been made at this time, as Sunday, July 18 will remain a regeneration day with no media availability.
Media interested in attending Saturday's walkthrough and media availability are reminded of the following:
Media can park in LOT A (NW corner of stadium) and must enter The Brick Field at Commonwealth Stadium using GATE 7.
Security will grant access 15 minutes prior to the scheduled walkthrough start time.
Media are able to watch training camp from E0 (suite), or SECTION Z (stands).
Camera operators and photographers are able to shoot from anywhere in the lower bowl on the East side of the stadium.
All in-person media availabilities will be outdoors, at field level. Interviews will occur one at a time at a podium, with media able to plug into a soundboard for audio.
As per the CFL's 2021 media policy, media planning to attend in-person availabilities must:
- Be socially distant from each other as well as coach/player
- Markers will clearly indicate where media can stand during interviews
- Masks are mandatory
- Media must be fully vaccinated
- Proof of vaccination will be reviewed at field level prior to the media member participating in their first in-person availability
- Media will access the interview area by using the stairs through SECTION RR.
In the event that an availability can't be staged outside, the availability will shift to Zoom.
NOTE: Beginning Saturday, July 17 all training camp media availabilities are planned to be staged in-person.