TRANSACTIONS | Elks sign Lucier-South (DL) and Eguavoen (WR)
Lucier-South joins Elks after four-year career at UCLA
EDMONTON - The Edmonton Elks made a series of roster moves on Sunday in advance of their Week 6 matchup with the Montreal Alouettes at Percival Molson Memorial Stadium.
Joining the practice roster are Keisean Lucier-South (DL) and Ente Eguavoen (WR). Lucier-South joins the Elks after playing four seasons with UCLA Bruins (2016-19), where he recorded 122 total tackles, 7.5 sacks, one interception, 15 pass knockdowns and four forced fumbles. A former five-star recruit, the California native went undrafted in the 2020 NFL Draft.
Eguavoen signed with the Montreal Alouettes in January of 2022, playing in one preseason game, registering one reception for 19 yards before being released on June 4. Collegiately, he played for the Wilfrid Laurier Golden Hawks, where he was voted a OUA first team all-star as he made 31 catches for 523 yards and two touchdowns in only six games in 2021.
In addition, the Elks released Americans Brian Cole (LB), Ben Davis (DL) and Global Nour-Eddine Seidnaly (OL). Davis appeared in two regular season games for the Double E, starting at middle linebacker in Week 5 against the Calgary Stampeders, recording six total tackles in his two appearances.
Cole and Seidnaly did not see any game action for the Elks.
The Elks will travel to Montreal on Wednesday. Kickoff on Thursday is set for 5:30 p.m. MDT.
ADDED TO PRACTICE ROSTER
- Ente Eguavoe | NAT | WR | 6'0 | 185 LBS | 1997-08-02 | Mississauga, ON | Wilfrid Laurier
- Keisean Lucier-South | AMER | DL | 6'4 | 235 LBS | Santa Ana, CA | UCLA
- Brian Cole | AMER | LB | 6'2 | 205 LBS | 1997-04-03 | Saginaw, MI | Mississippi State
- Ben Davis | AMER | DL | 6'4 | 236 LBS | 1997-11-12 | Gordo, AL | Texas
- Nour-Eddine Seidnaly | G | OL | 6'5 | 310 LBS | 1997-07-03 | Silver Spring, MD | Arkansas State