EDMONTON – The Edmonton Elks released seven players Monday morning, as the club prepares for Monday's CFL roster deadline.
PLAYERS RELEASED | July 19
- Kwabena Asare | NAT | OL | 6'8 | 270 LBS | 1992-02-25 | Brampton, ON | Carleton
- Tevaughn Grant | AMER | DL | 6'2 | 250 LBS | 1997-09-26 | Paterson, NJ | Wagner
- Deonte Holden | AMER | DL | 6'4 | 249 LBS | 1995-10-08 | Landover, MD | NC State
- Marvin Kinsey Jr. | AMER | RB | 6'1 | 206 LBS | 1998-01-22 | Atlanta, GA | Colorado State
- Jerry Louie-McGee | AMER | WR | 5'9 | 171 LBS | 1997-02-27 | Coeur D'Alene, ID | Montana
- Shakeir Ryan | AMER | 5'8 | 169 LBS | 1995-08-11 | Lafayette, LA | Northwestern State
- Rodney Smith | AMER | WR | 6'5 | 235 LBS | 1990-03-11 | Miami, FL | Florida State
Updated roster file below.
The Elks also moved O'Shea Dugas (AMER | OL) and Thaddeus Coleman (AMER | OL) from the suspended list to the active roster, and moved Colin Kelly (AMER | OL) and Nate Anderson (NAT | DL) to the six-game injured list.
Further rosters moves will be made after Monday's practice, which will be held indoors at the Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre.
PRACTICE MOVED INDOORS
Monday's practice (10:15 a.m. to 12:10 a.m.) has been moved indoors to the Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre fieldhouse due to poor air quality caused by smoke.
For media interested in attending, please see the following:
- Media are permitted to watch walkthrough from the public area just outside the fieldhouse (glass viewing).
- Saturday's media availability will now be staged virtually following practice
- Once practice is complete and the team has left the fieldhouse, media will have access to workspace inside the fieldhouse