TRANSACTIONS | Elks release five
McLaurin played in 11 games for the Double E in 2023
EDMONTON - The Edmonton Elks have released Americans Emeke Egbule (DL) and Mark McLaurin (LB), the club announced Tuesday.
McLaurin appeared in 13 games over the last two seasons after signing with Green and Gold in August of 2022. The 26-year-old registered 41 tackles and one forced fumble in 11 games this season.
Egbule appeared in three games for the Green and Gold this season, recording one defensive tackle. The Kansas native signed with the Elks on Sept. 18.
In addition, the Elks have released Josh Nurse (DB), BJ Wilson (OL) and Dresser Winn (QB).
The Elks will close out their season against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers at IG Field on Oct. 21 at 5:00 p.m. MT.
- Emeke Egbule | DL | AMER | 6’2 | 245 LBS | 1996-10-13 | Topeka, KS | Houston University
- Mark McLaurin | AMER | DB | 6’2 | 215 LBS | 1997-04-11 | Collins, MS | Mississippi State
- Josh Nurse | DB | AMER | 6’3 | 198 LBS | 1996-07-17 | Fayetteville, GA | University of Utah
- BJ Wilson | OL | AMER | 6’6 | 320 LBS | 1998-12-28 | Florissant, MO | Quincy University
- Dresser Winn | QB| AMER | 6’3 | 215 LBS | 1998-11-11 | Dresden, TN | UT Martin
The Edmonton Elks are proud members of the Canadian Football League, playing their home games at Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, Alberta.
The club, officially renamed the Elks in June of 2021, has a tradition of excellence having won 14 Grey Cup championships (1954-56, 1975, 1978-82, 1987, 1993, 2003, 2005, 2015). Since its founding, the club has been community-owned and remains focused on providing outstanding football memories for Edmonton and all of Northern Alberta.
Elks Football…Our Team. Our City.