EDMONTON – Quarterback Trevor Harris has been dealt to the Montreal Alouettes in exchange for defensive end Antonio Simmons.
The one-for-one trade was announced Sunday by the Elks and Alouettes, as Edmonton enters their Week 12 bye.
Simmons is currently in his second CFL season and joins the Elks after originally signing with Montreal in May of 2019.
The Georgia Tech product played all 18 regular season games for the Als in 2019, recording 45 defensive tackles, three sacks, and a forced fumble. In five games this season, Simmons has registered seven defensive tackles and two sacks.
A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Simmons played four years (2014-17) at Georgia Tech, collecting 83 tackles, 16 tackles for loss, and seven quarterback sacks. He spent time in 2018 with both the Denver Broncos and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- WHO: Elks General Manager and VP of Football Operations Brock Sunderland
- WHERE: The Brick Field at Commonwealth Stadium (field level)
- Park in LOT B and enter through GATE 2
- WHEN: Sunday, October 17 | 2:00 p.m. MT
Originally acquired as a free agent prior to the 2019 CFL season, Harris appeared in 19 career games with Edmonton, including six this season. The Waldo, Ohio native threw for 5,595 yards, 22 touchdowns, and 11 interceptions during his time in Green and Gold.
A veteran of 139 career CFL regular season games over nine seasons, Harris heads back to the East Division after previously playing with the Toronto Argonauts (2012-15) and Ottawa RedBlacks (2016-18). He is currently 24th all-time in CFL passing yards with 23,750.
Edmonton is off this week, before returning to action at home against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Friday, October 29 at The Brick Field at Commonwealth Stadium.
- Antonio Simmons | AMER | DL | 6'3 | 246 LBS | 1996-02-10 | Jacksonville, FL | Georgia Tech
- Trevor Harris | AMER | QB | 6'3 | 212 LBS | 1986-05-31 | Waldo, OH | Edinboro