Linnen named Elks running backs coach
Edmonton rounds out coaching staff as training camp approaches
EDMONTON — The Edmonton Elks added to their coaching staff on Tuesday, announcing the addition of Jordan Linnen (running backs coach).
Linnen joins the Elks staff after spending the last four seasons at Simon Fraser University (2018-2021) primarily as their defensive backs coach and recruiting coordinator. Prior to joining Simon Fraser, the Lethbridge native was a training Camp defensive/special teams guest coach with the B.C. Lions in 2019 and started his coaching career with the Langley Rams of the British Columbia Football Conference in 2016.
In his playing days, Linnen spent two seasons on the B.C. Lions practice squad (2011-2012) and was with the Montreal Alouettes in 2015. In his collegiate career he played for both Acadia University (2008-2009) and the University of Manitoba (2013-2014), after playing for Langley from 2009 to 2012.
Outside of football, Linnen spent the last six years working for EA Sports and the video game franchise Madden as a MoCap Athlete and Stunt Coordinator.
ELKS 2022 COACHING STAFF
- Chris Jones - Head coach
- Stephen McAdoo – Offensive coordinator
- Jarious Jackson – Pass game coordinator and quarterbacks coach
- Markus Howell – Run game coordinator and receivers coach
- Anthony Vitale – Offensive line coach
- Demetrious Maxie – Defensive line coach
- Cam Robinson – Linebackers coach
- Brandon Isaac – Defensive backs coach
- Merritt Bowden – Special teams coordinator
- Mike Scheper – Special teams assistant
- Jordan Linnen - Running backs coach
Coordinator, Communications (Media Relations), Edmonton Elks Football Club